September 11, 2011

Why Peas With Honey?

I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
but it keeps them on my knife.

This rhyme became part of our dinner conversation just about every time we ate peas with dinner while I was little. I'm not sure where my dad first heard it, but he definitely made it a little part of my childhood. I still think of it from time to time and laugh inside- not necessarily because the rhyme itself is funny, but because of the memories it brings. From the time when I did actually think it was funny, to my siblings and I groaning and rolling our eyes whilst my dad recited it again for the millionth time. Memories are a big thing with me- I'm a very nostalgic person, and when I first had this idea for the blog's title, it won Gaby over completely. I think we're both sentimentalists at heart. So here's to Peas With Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment